SOMETHING TO TAKE WITH YOU:
WHAT'S IN JIMMY’S TOOL SHED
- Pick ax: for breaking up hard soil and mixing in amendments.
- Pitch fork: for digging and turning soil or compost.
- Garden hook: for weeding, making seed rows, working in compost.
- Soil scoop: for planting.
- Long-handled, four-pronged cultivator: for loosening soil and working air around plants.
- Long-handled spade: for transplanting; for digging holes.
- Flat shovel: for moving materials, such as sand or compost, from a container or wheelbarrow to a bed.
- Wheelbarrow: for transporting anything large, heavy, or unwieldy around the garden; for mixing up soil amendments.
- Loppers: for cutting large branches.
- Hand pruners: for trimming/pruning smaller plants.
- Garden hose: for putting water where you need it.
- Watering can: for smaller jobs.
- At least two pump sprayers: for foliar feeding and control of pests and fungus.
- Metal rake: for making rows, and leveling and cleaning soil.
HayGround Organic Gardening